Northview edges rival West Covina to capture the CIF-Southern California girls wrestling regional crown

On the same day the Northview High School boys wrestling team won the CIF-Southern Section Division 2 dual team title, the Northview girls were making history of its own, edging rival West Covina to capture the CIF-Southern California Girls Wrestling Regional at Beaumont High School on Saturday.

Northview’s Vanessa Gomez (103 pounds) was the only individual champion for the Vikings, who won the team title with 242 points to hold off second-place West Covina with 235.
Even though West Covina beat Northview head-to-head in two different finals, it wasn’t enough to lift the Bulldogs past the Vikings in the team competition. (To continue click thread)

Below: Charter Oak junior Savanna Barr, who won the 114 pound division, receiving her medal.

West Covina’s Samantha Ortiz beat Northview’s Sabrina Solis in the 118 pound final, and the Bulldogs’ Aleah LaFrancis edged the Vikings’ Joanna Navarro in the 126 pound category, which were the Bulldogs’ two lone individual titles.

Several area girls wrestlers performed well, including Charter Oak junior Savanna Barr, who won the 114 pound division.

La Puente’s Sharon Garcia gave the area five individual champions, beating West Covina’s Marie Ramirez in the 189-pound final.

Baldwin Park’s Daisy Mendez (132 pounds), San Dimas’ Brianna Munoz (146 pounds), West

Covina’s Alyssa LaFrances (154 pounds), Northview’s Maddie Tyrone (235 pounds) and Sierra Vista’s Marisela Fiero (122 pounds) all finished with second-place medals.

Northview’s Katie Auxier was third in the 146-pound division and Mountain View’s Rosemary Martinez and Northview’s Jazmin Perez finished fourth and fifth respectively in the 122 pound division.

• Greg Lawrence

any news of Tatiana Padilla??? last i heard she won two bronze medals in the WORLD championships.

• Louise Barr

Congrats to Charter Oak Brittny Hernandez, Maria Rodriguez,Izzy Lopez for placing as well at the Beaumont CIF tournament. Good job girls, good luck going to state on Febuary 24th,25th

• NorthviewMOM

CONGRATS TO THE LADY VIKINGS ON A TREMENDOUS TEAM VICTORY….YOU LADIES HAVE PUT IN THE TIME ON IT SHOWS ON THE MAT!!

Savannah loved watching your finals match…Congrats to YOU young lady!!

LADY VIKINGS ITS YOUR TIME TO SHINE AT STATE…GOOD LUCK AND BRING HOME THE GOLD!!