TRIBUNE BOYS SOCCER RANKINGS
1. Damien (9-2-3) — The Sierra League is no joke, so if you’re in first, you’re the leader of this poll.
2. Sierra Vista (12-1-3) — The Dons have been the most consistent over the past five or six years and have an eight-game unbeaten streak.
3. Walnut (12-1-1) — Rebounded after shocking 2-0 loss to West Covina, but still tied with Walnut in the Hacienda. Both 5-1.
4. South Hills (8-5-3) — Showed how good they can be in a win over Damien, and how vulnerable in a loss to Ayala.
5. Diamond Bar (10-4-2) — Tied for first in the Hacienda with Walnut. Both are 5-1. Should be a great race to the finish.
6. Nogales (8-2-1) — Dominating an average Valle Vista, but nice to know the Nobles are back on the soccer landscape.
7. Claremont (7-5-1) — Maybe the best seventh-ranked team in years. Seriously, the Wolfpack can beat anyone.
8. Los Altos (9-6-2) — Not completely out of the Hacienda picture, but at 3-3, they have some catching up to do.
9. Ayala (9-7-3) — Gives the Sierra four strong teams capable of beating one another.
10. Baldwin Park (7-4-1) — Should be so much better than 2-2 in the Sierra.