SOFTBALL PREVIEW: Bishop Amat High School felt it left a little on the table last softball season.
The Lancers hope to make up for it this year, and judging by who they have back from a team that advanced to the CIF-Southern Section Division 3 semifinals, this could be a special time for Bishop Amat, which begins the season ranked No. 1 in the Valley.
“They are committed to go all the way,” said Bishop Amat coach Jesse Mendez, whose Lancers return four core players who keyed last season’s run to the division final four. “They’ve won a couple of league titles, but still haven’t accomplished the goal of a CIF title.
1. Bishop Amat (24-7) – The Lancers have all the pieces for a run at a CIF-SS title
2. Chino Hills (32-3) – Can the Huskies repeat? You bet
3. Los Altos (20-8) – The favorite in the Hacienda
4. San Dimas (22-8) – Saints should rule the VVL and challenge for a D-5 title
5. St. Lucy’s (24-6) – Smith leads the way
6. Ayala (19-12) – Is there enough back to contend in the Sierra?
7. Charter Oak (14-11) – They can hit, but success will be decided in the circle
8. Bonita (18-8) – Losing Sanchez is a key blow for the Bearcats
9. South Hills (15-12) – Never doubt the Huskies
10. Duarte (20-4) – Strong returning core has Falcons eying repeat