VIDEO: Bishop Amat freshman Sofia Serafin scored twice to raise her season total to 17, but visiting St. Joseph’s scored in the final 15 minutes to help secure a 2-2 tie. Amat, the defending Division 3 champions, had several chances to win in the final minutes and overtime, but St. Joe’s missed its share of chances to win as well. Amat coach Ruben Gonzalez, freshman Sofia Serafin and goalkeeper Evelyn Fiero talked about it afterward …
AREA TOP 10 SOCCER RANKINGS
1. Sierra Vista (13-0-2) — Still undefeated, but tying Gladstone could be troublesome.
2. Damien (9-3-3) — Tied with Claremont for Sierra League lead.
3. Diamond Bar (12-5-1) — Already 5-0 with a full two-game lead over second-place Diamond Ranch
4. Arroyo (9-1-3) — Still undefeated (4-0) in the tough Mission Valley
5. El Monte (9-1-0) — Bet it can’t wait to get Arroyo rematch at home.
6. Los Altos (6-5-4) — Forget winning the Hacienda league title, it’s fighting for the playoffs.
7. Northview (11-3-2) — Beat Baldwin Park 4-3 on Saturday to move into tie for first in the Valle Vista. Yes, Northview.
8. Baldwin Park (10-4-2) — Knew it would get a challenge in VVL, but didn’t know it would be Northview.
Sets the tone in Valle Vista
9. Bishop Amat (7-4-3) — Finally reminding us they’re much more than just a girls soccer school.
10. Duarte (10-4) — 6-1 in the Montview, just a half-game back of Sierra Vista.
1. Mario Saenz, Sierra Vista, 18
2. Sebastian Ocampo, Sierra Vista, 15
3. Andre Gamboa, Diamond Bar, 11
4. Guy Horcasitas, Diamond Bar, 11
5. Manuel Medina, Los Altos, 9
1. South Hills (13-1-2) — Earned a tie on the road at St. Lucy’s, and just half game back of league leading Chino Hills.
2. Bishop Amat (12-5-2) — Make-up week today vs. St. Joseph’s, who is 3-0 in Del Rey.
3. Diamond Bar (11-2-3) — Can add distance in Hacienda with wins over Walnut, Bonita this week.
4. Los Altos (10-2-3) — Has to keep winning and keep pace before getting rematch with Diamond Bar at home next week.
5. Sierra Vista (12-3-0) — Are Montview games any fun for the Dons, who have outscored league opponents, 42-2.
6. San Dimas (10-6-0) — Nothing like the Valle Vista to make the Saints feel like world beaters again.
7. St. Lucy’s (7-8-2) — Has a big make-up vs. Ayala today to stay in the Sierra playoff picture.
8. Charter Oak (8-8-0) — Same thing happened last year. Great non-league followed by brutal showing in the Sierra.
9. Wilson (9-7-3) — Wildcats have one chance to beat San Dimas on Tuesday. Her name is Allison Kung.
10. South El Monte (5-2-1) — 3-0-1 in the Mission Valley League.
Goal Scoring Leaders
1. Jaline Miranda, Azusa, 18
2. Alison Kung, Wilson, 17
3. Hailey Zerbel, South Hills, 17
4. Sofia Serafin, Bishop Amat, 17
5. Jessica Lopez, Sierra Vista, 15
Below: Highlights from Claremont’s shocking 2-1 girls soccer victory over Chino Hills on Friday