Boys Basketball Top 10
1. Damien (19-4) — The best in the Valley? Yes. The best in the Sierra? Not even close, Chino Hills answered that with an easy blowout.
2. Walnut (17-5) — Can they go undefeated in the Hacienda? So far, so good
3. Glendora (16-7) — Coach Mike LeDuc goes for his 800th career victory on Tuesday at Upland.
4. Los Altos (15-6) — In a tight race for second along with Diamond Bar and Bonita.
5. Bonita (15-6) – Would have moved them ahead of Los Altos after beating Conqs, but it followed with a loss to struggling Diamond Ranch.
6. Wilson (16-7) — Should finish undefeated in the Valle Vista.
7. Workman (16-5) — Should finish undefeated in the Montview if it can beat Gladstone on the road Friday.
8. Gladstone (18-2) — Will get Workman at home Friday for a chance to tie for first in the Montview.
9. South Hills (10-11) – According to MaxPreps, Huskies should be area’s seventh-ranked team.
10. Bishop Amat (12-11) – Won three of its last four, including a win over La Salle and St. Bernard.
Girls Basketball Top 10
1. Bonita (20-2) — Super senior Nikki Wheatley inching closer to closing her career with four straight undefeated Hacienda League seasons.
2. Bishop Amat (17-5) — Lancers not worried about the Del Rey, getting ready for another CIF playoff run.
3. Diamond Ranch (16-5) — One of the Valley’s best every year but always second-fiddle to to Bonita.
4. Walnut (11-8) — Hacienda will have three strong playoff entries.
5. South Hills (14-8) — Why can’t they compete in an average Sierra League?
6. Covina (13-9) – A perfect 8-0 in the Valle Vista League.
7. Wilson (13-8) – Will get a crack against Covina to move into a tie for first in the Valle Vista.
8. Workman (12-8) — Won rematch with Duarte to take over first in the Montview.
9. Duarte (11-8) — Falcons lose rematch with Workman, fall to second.
10. El Monte (12-7) — Tied for Mission Valley League lead with Gabrielino at 5-1