AREA TOP 10 SOCCER RANKINGS
1. Sierra Vista (16-0-2) — Trying to go undefeated in the regular season with a tough test Thursday at Duarte.
2. Damien (11-3-3) – Can all but secure Sierra League title with a victory over Claremont on Friday.
3. Diamond Bar (14-6-1) — Leading the Hacienda with big game against Diamond Ranch on Thursday.
4. El Monte (11-1-0) – Took it to Arroyo in the rematch, 4-2, to take control of MVL.
5. Arroyo (9-3-3) – Not a good week for the Knights, losing to Mountain View and El Monte.
6. Northview (13-3-2) — Can officially say the biggest surprise of the season by bar.
7. Baldwin Park (12-4-2) – Will host Northview next week for the Valle Vista league title.
Sets the tone in Valle Vista
8. Diamond Ranch (11-4-4) — Can get back in title race with a victory over Diamond Bar, Thursday.
9. Bishop Amat (8-5-3) — Trying to taste the CIF playoffs for the first time in a long time.
10. Duarte (12-5) — Gets big rematch at home with Sierra Vista on Thursday.
1. Mario Saenz, Sierra Vista, 25
2. Sebastian Ocampo, Sierra Vista, 21
3. Andre Gamboa, Diamond Bar, 19
4. Michael Flores, Sierra Vista, 12
5t. Guy Horcasitas, Diamond Bar, 11
5t. Evan Ball, Glendora, 11
5t. Federico Hurtado, Charter Oak, 11
5t. Jacob Bianchessi, Damien, 11
9t. Manuel Medina, Los Altos, 9
9t. Kelly Craft, Diamond Bar, 9
GIRLS SOCCER TOP TEN
1. South Hills (14-2-2) – Only losses to powerful Chino Hills. Will find out if it can hold on to second in Sierra with St. Lucy’s, Claremont, Ayala chasing them.
2. Bishop Amat (15-5-3) — On the road at St. Joseph’s today for sole possession of first in the Del Rey.
3. Los Altos (13-2-3) — Can take control of the Hacienda with a victory at home against defending champion Diamond Bar today.
4. Diamond Bar (13-3-3) — Big slip-up losing to Bonita in overtime.
5. Sierra Vista (15-3-0) — Enough practicing in the Montview, Dons are ready for the playoffs.
6. San Dimas (11-6-0) — Saints clinched the Valle Vista league and are ready for another post-season run.
7. St. Lucy’s (8-10-2) – Overall record ugly, but that’s the price for a tough non-league schedule and playing in the Sierra.
8. Charter Oak (8-10-0) – Before you wonder why the Chargers are still ranked, just look at their pre-league resume.
9. Wilson (10-8-3) – With Cal Poly Pomona bound Allison Kung, the Wildcats could do some damage in the playoffs.
10. South El Monte (6-3-1) — In first-place tie with Gabrielino for the MVL lead.
Goal Scoring Leaders
1. Jessica Lopez, Sierra Vista, 21
2. Jaline Miranda, Azusa, 20
3. Alison Kung, Wilson, 19
4t. Hailey Zerbel, South Hills, 17
4t. Sofia Serafin, Bishop Amat, 17
6. Samantha Verduzco, Los Altos, 16
7. Daisy Ruiz, Sierra Vista, 14
8. Alejandra Vargas, Sierra Vista, 12
9t. Jackie Zermeno, South Hills 11
9t. Ashley Bell, Diamond Bar, 11