AREA TOP TEN
1. South Hills (14-3-1) — Why South Hills No. 1 and not Damien? Even though the Spartans won their only meeting so far, still believe the Huskies’ would be better in a long series.
2. Damien (13-4) – Tied with South Hills for lead in the Sierra. When Grant Hockin’s on the bump, they’re extremely tough to beat.
3. Bonita (15-5) — Hottest team of the moment, winners of nine straight which includes a big non-league victory at Harvard-Westlake.
4. Glendora (13-5) — Split with Upland, but still in first all alone in the Baseline. Coach Dan Henley proving again he’s one of areas best.
5. San Dimas (13-6-1) — Strange 1-0 loss to Wilson is only blemish in the Valle Vista. Looking at remaining VVL games, Saints shouldn’t lose again.
6. Bishop Amat (10-8) — Good teams find ways to win close games. That’s Amat’s problem, seven of its eight losses have been by two runs or less.
7. Diamond Bar (13-7) — Brahmas own a victory over Bonita and only sit a game back of the Bearcats in the standings.
8. Sierra Vista (14-2) — A perfect 8-0 in the Montview and only two losses to Monrovia and rival Baldwin Park.
9. Rosemead (10-6) — A perfect 9-0 in the Mission Valley league and swinging the bat very well. Non-league record isn’t impressive but they do own a win over Monrovia.
10. Charter Oak (9-8) — They beat Damien last week. Even though they’re last in the Sierra, how many area teams that you believe should be No. 10 instead of Charter Oak could do that?
1. Matt Arguello, La Puente, 17-for-32, .531
2. Ryan Viramontes, West Covina, 23-for-46, .500
3. David Banuelos, Damien, 23-for-47, .489
4. Derek Zavala, South El Monte, 17-for-35, .486
5. Eric Hernandez, Sierra Vista, 16-for-33, .485
6. Derrian Torres, Sierra Vista, 15-for-31, .484
7. Kory Brown, Charter Oak, 22-for-47, .468
8. Erick Morales, La Puente, 16-for-35, .457
9. Anthony Cuevas, Los Altos, 23-for-51, .451
10. Michael Guzman, Baldwin Park, 18-for-40, .450
4 – David Banuelos, Damien; Francisco Ramirez, South Hills
3 – Nick Hernandez, Charter Oak; Jordan Abernathy, Damien.
22 – Alex Gonzalez, Bonita
19 – David Banuelos, Damien
17 – Jordan Abernathy, Damien
16 – Jon Ayala, South Hills; Jonathan Olsen, Damien
1. Eric Flores, Glendora (0.24)
2. Gavin Velasquez, South Hills (0.72)
3. Peter Lambert, San Dimas (1.00)
4. Alex Garcia, Bishop Amat (1.26)
5. Anthony Deeter, West Covina (1.34)
1. Kale Morton, Glendora, 6-0
2. Grant Hockin, Damien, 7-1
3. Gerardo Ramirez, Diamond Bar, 6-1
4. Peter Lambert, San Dimas, 5-1
5. Ryan Mauch, South Hills, 4-0
Note: All stats provided by Maxpreps. If you’re name isn’t on this list and should be, tell your coach to update stats. It’s as simple as that.