AREA TOP TEN
1. South Hills (16-4) — Chino Hills put a whipping on the SH Huskies but that’s nothing to cry about, they’re that good. South Hills is still best of the rest with freshman sensation Natalie Lugo, and I’m sure they can’t wait to get a second shot at Chino Hills when they get them at home next time. But they can’t look ahead, Charter Oak visiting on Wednesday.
2. Bonita (11-4) — Has won six straight, is undefeated in the Hacienda, and probably won’t lose again until the playoffs start. Los Altos and West Covina are formidable challengers, but the Bearcats are simply better.
3. Charter Oak (13-5) — Only lost 3-0 to Chino Hills and beat South Hills in the Charter Oak tournament. But can it beat South Hills again. They will get its first crack in league at South Hills on Wednesday.
4. Bishop Amat (12-7) — Lancers are 5-2 in the improved Del Rey league which boasts four of its five teams with overall winning records. Still, when’s the last time Amat got swept by St. Paul in softball?
5. Glendora (9-7) – Started off the season hot but has fallen to 2-3 in the Baseline and needs to get going if it wants to reach the playoffs.
6. San Dimas (13-7) — The Valle Vista isn’t what it use to be except for the Saints, who are 5-0 and looking like it will run the table.
7. Los Altos (8-5) — Trying to keep pace with Bonita who handed Conqs only loss in the Hacienda. If it keeps winning league games, will get its rematch with a chance to tie for first.
8. Covina (10-6-1) — Only one loss in the Valle Vista and a good bet to finish second behind San Dimas.
9. Diamond Ranch (10-9) — Third at 3-3 in the Hacienda. They’re capable beating better teams, but also loses to teams in shouldn’t.
10. South El Monte (10-4) — Undefeated in the Mission Valley League and probably won’t lose again until the playoffs start.
1. Idalis Jimenez, Edgewood, 27-for-45, .600
2. Alex Rodriguez, West Covina, 22-for-37, .595
3. Evelyn Sandoval, Arroyo, 21-for-36, .583
4. Janell Wheaton, San Dimas, 31-for-55, .564
5. Jenna Rodelo, Rowland, 23-for-41, .561
6. Celeste Wood, Los Altos, 15-for-27, .556
7. Ciara Granado, Edgewood, 24-for-44, .545
8. Ashley Diaz, South El Monte, 24-for-44, .545
9. Monet Manning, Northview, 15-for-28, .536
10. Jocelyn Marquez, Northview, 29-for-55, 527
8 – Jenna Rodelo, Rowland
7 – Ciara Granado, Edgewood
6 – Ashley Huber, Walnut; Alicia Brown, Glendora; Chloe Melanson, Bonita; Ashley Diaz, South El Monte
31 – Idalis Jimenez, Edgewood; Ciara Granado, Edgewood
26 – Janell Wheaton, San Dimas
25 – Jenna Rodelo, Rowland
23 – Ashley Diaz, South El Monte; Anette Mena, Edgewood
1. Natalie Lugo, South Hills (0.54)
2. Brooke Clemetson, Charter Oak (0.82)
3. Princess Nava, Covina (1.42)
4. Kaelyn McFadden, Bonita (1.67)
5. Lindsey Hughes, San Dimas (2.20)
1. Natalie Lugo, South Hills (10-1)
2. Brooke Clemetson, Charter Oak (8-1)
3. Cambria Keefer, Glendora (8-2)
4. Mia Luques, South El Monte (8-2)
5. Princess Nava, Covina (8-4)
Note: All stats provided by Maxpreps. If you’re name isn’t on this list and should be, tell your coach to update stats. It’s as simple as that.