The inaugural all-encompassing boys soccer rankings that includes teams from the Whittier Daily News, Pasadena Star-News and San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
1. Montebello (10-1-3) – The Oilers look like the real deal and are ranked fifth overall by MaxPreps’ Southern Section rankings.
2. St. Francis (7-4-1) – Beat Mater Dei, Mission Viejo and Arcadia. Enough said, right?
3. California (8-2) – Had won six straight before a 2-1 loss to No. 1 Montebello
4. Baldwin Park (7-2-3) – Normally a slow starter, looked good in two penalty-kick victories to claim Sierra Vista/Baldwin Park tourney.
5. Diamond Ranch (9-4-2) – Looks like the Hacienda League favorites.
6. Sierra Vista (7-1-3) – Only loss to Baldwin Park in championship of Baldwin Park/Sierra Vista tourney.
7. Arcadia – (6-2-1) – Likely the favorite in a tightly contested Pacific Leauge field.
8. La Mirada (8-4-3) – Solid record against mostly Orange County opponents.
9. La Puente (6-1-1) — Warriors solid again and should be favorites to win the Miramonte League.
10. Azusa (7-1-1) — Was undefeated until a 2-1 loss to La Puente in last game.