The Charter Oak High School football team’s trip to Vegas last weekend wasn’t all a win.
The Chargers beat Green Valley of Henderson, NV. last Friday but later that night had their video equipment stolen. The team is now seeking donations to raise money to replace the equipment.
FOR MORE INFO AND TO DONATE GO HERE
Gladstone High School typically goes far in its own volleyball tournament, but the Gladiators have had a tough time winning the event.
But this might be the time that changes. The Gladiators went 23-0 in summer league play and their lone loss was to West Covina in a preseason tournament championship recently, just after the team’s dead period.
“We have a really good team this year,” coach Jeff Devine said. “We beat people in Division 4.”
Full story: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/20150901/gladstone-could-finally-win-own-volleyball-tournament
If you have any scores or stats from any local high school sporting events call them into the desk at 626-544-0992 or 0991 or scores@SGVN
La Puente 14, Baldwin Park 4 — The teams of Gina Reyes-Lizette Avina and Lisa Reynoso-Berlin Bonilla all swept in doubles to lead the Warriors to the nonleague win. Sonny Gonzalez, Angelique Cardona and Ashlie Dominguez each won two in singles play for La Puente.
El Monte 3, Nogales 0 — Evelyn Alferez had 11 kills and seven aces and Kate Acosta had five kills and 16 digs for the Lions (1-0) in a 25-15, 25-11, 25-11 nonleague victory.
TRIBUNE SUPER 33 FOOTBALL RANKINGS
1. Bishop Amat (0-1) — Put up a good fight against Mater Dei in a 21-17 loss. Let’s see how they rebound at home against Servite.
2. Charter Oak (1-0) — One of the most impressive wins of the weekend the way it manhandled the Nevada school.
3. Glendora (0-0) – All eyes will be on USC-bound quarterback Matt Fink in his senior debut at home against Alta Loma.
4. Northview (1-0) — Vikings with a 37-24 win over Rosemead and gets a bigger text this week at Montebello.
5. Bonita (1-0) — Crushed normally decent Schurr, 49-2. Now it gets tested even more at Monrovia.
6. West Covina (0-1) — The loss to Colony was so close and competitive, they deserve to be here.
7. Damien (0-0) — The Spartans open against Roosevelt and the big question is how much progress hsa it made?
8. Los Altos (1-0) — Easy 33-14 win over Baldwin Park. Did nothing to help or hurt its stock.
9. South Hills (1-0) — Nonleague schedule is so tough a 7-0 win over Diamond Ranch was much needed.
10. Pomona (0-1) — Red Devils aren’t as good as last year, but still good enough despite seaon-opening loss to Oak Hills.
The Rest: 11. San Dimas (0-0); 12. Diamond Ranch (0-1); 13. Diamond Bar (1-0); 14. Rosemead (0-1); 15. Nogales (1-0); 16. Baldwin Park (0-1); 17. Covina (0-0); 18. El Monte (0-1); 19. Azusa (0-1); 20. La Puente (0-1); 21. Walnut (0-1); 22. Bassett (1-0); 23. Arroyo (0-1); 24. Rowland (0-1); 25. South El Monte (0-1); 26. Sierra Vista (1-0); 27. La Puente (0-1); 28. Wilson (0-1); 29. Duarte (0-1); 30. Gladstone (0-1). 31. Ganesha (1-0); 32. Workman (0-0); 33. Mountain View (0-1).
Check out our Maxpreps Made Easy Widget for Tribune Football Fans. If coaches are posting rosters, updating stats and standings, this is the most useful SGV widget there is. Check it out, makes following your teams and area leaders simple.