Here is a light-hitting Q&A I did with UCLA red-shirt freshman quarterback Kevin Prince before I went on vacation. Sorry, but with the end of spring practice, I simply forgot.
1. What part of QB play improved because you missed your senior season of high school with an injury?
In terms of being to sit back and watch football, it kind of helped me understand, conceptually, what else was going on. For example, my senior year of high school I was able to sit back and watch the plays develop.
2. What song would you like to open practice?
Enter Sandman (by Metallica)
3. Which offensive lineman can eat the most at in-n-out?
Let me thinks about this one. I’ll go with Darius Savage. How many double-doubles can he knock down? I don’t know. I’m going with five. I had a high school lineman that ate a 10 by 10. It’s 10 patties, 10 pieces of cheese.
4. Which Disney movie with a prince is your favorite?
Aladdin. Let’s go with Aladdin. I like him.
5. If you could pick one fun play to run, what would it be?
I’m trying to talk coach (Norm) Chow into running this. We did a double reverse (in high school) where I handed it off to a running back, and I rolled out and then he pitched it to the slot guy, who came around and pitched it back to me. And then we threw it. It didn’t work, but it was real fun to run. It was a complete blunder.
6. Kobe LeBron or D-Wade?
Kobe. Not even a question. I have a Kobe fathead on my wall. Lakers fan all the way. I’m a humongous Kobe fan.
7. What kind of music do you listen to before a game?
It’s kind of changed. It used to be rap, and now it’s not mellow music, but a little different.
8. Rooming with a punter (Jeff Locke) is like …?
Different. During training camp it’s frustrating because you’re in meetings and he’s in there playing video games. It’s pretty frustrating and we get mad at them, and they get crap for it. It evens out in the end.
9. Who fits most at a family reunion: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or Prince, the musician?
(Lot of laughter). Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It’s a family favorite right there. I used to watch that with my mom.
10. If you’re playing USC and one of the song girls is cheering, what happened? ‘SC field goal? UCLA field goal? Either?
We’re going UCLA field goal. I have seen (the you tube video).