1) Why has there been such a dip in the game performance of UCLA’s defensive big three, Price, Verner and Carter? All three were supposedly headed for big years this season. – Scott
Price has been an absolute beast, on pace for 21 TFL and eight sacks, joke numbers for a defensive tackle. Verner has been good – three INTs isn’t bad – but he’s been exploited at times, particularly in glaring situations. Carter already has two more TFL than all of last year and will finish with more tackles. I don’t think those three are the problems…
2) On that TD pass to Javid Best, I counted only 10 players ucla …where was Verner?
Frankly, I think the players get over a lose fast, so thinking why should fans labor a loss so hard? – JoeB.Ruin
First, of all, UCLA had 11 players on the field on the Best TD catch. Fans are fans – fanatics. They care, and it’s great they care until they start getting unreal expectations, which I think was the case with many UCLA fans this year. 8-4? I don’t think this team ever dreamt of being 8-4.
3) Earlier, you said you thought Morgan would start at center for the BB team. Last season he looked pretty raw and out-of-shape. Have you seen him playing well in the gym or was that more of a guess/projection?
Why him over Gordon? – Steve
Everything Howland said about the offseason’s most improved player was about Lee and Morgan. Same with the players. They all hyped him up.
4) How do you pronounce Hasiak? For some reason I always thought it was “Hash-ick” but announcers keep saying “Hass-y-ick”. – UCLABZ
HayZeeAck…I think. I hope, or else I’ve been sounding like an idiot.
5) What happened to the NCAA sanctions that were supposedly coming to USC football and basketball for clear violations of rules??? Is the NCAA hoping it all goes away so they won’t have to punish a football team who brings them lots of revenue? – anonymous
Yes, the NCAA wants USC to win more than any other team. They all secretly wear maroon underwear and gold undershirts and sit back in their chairs like C. Montgomery Burns saying exxxcellent. Seriously, I think the NCAA is taking its time in the investigation because it appears there’s a LOT to uncover.
6) I too would be surprised if Kai Forbath left early for the NFL. That being said, he’s got the best leg in the country, better than most NFL kickers and has proven his consistency. A player can come back and get his degree at any time. Are there any good reasons why he shouldn’t go? – Sam Bradford’s third cousin
Yes, because this is college and he’s with his best friends and he has a great life. This year he’d be a 6th/7th round pick. Next year, he’s a 6th/7th round pick. I’d stay in school.
7) Who is thrown under the bus first, Neuheisel or Chow? – Hard Knocks Wife
8) Who beats USC first, Charlie Weis or Rick Neuheisel? – Charlie Bucket
9) Any idea where Alfred Aboya and Josh Shipp will be playing ball this season? – Steve
I think Shipp is going to end up in Italy and Aboya in France.
10) Are there any recruits that are pretty much down to choosing between UCLA and usc? – The Edge
Not down to those two, but Deitrich Riley is interested heavily in both.