1) What are your thoughts on the Conan O’brien situation? – Anonymous
I love Conan, but I don’t blame Jay Leno for this. NBC is run by a bunch of idiots – Jeff Zucker, I’m looking at you – and they’re trying to salvage what they can out of the Leno relationship. As boring and bland as Leno is, he resonates with middle America better than anyone in late-night. Conan had to dumb down his show for months, and it kinda sucked, but I hope he realizes what he can be at 11:30. Hopefully at Fox.
2) Who is visiting this weekend? – DegiaVu
3) Update on milton knox? – DegiaVu
Told me two days ago he wasn’t going anywhere.
4) Any rumbling on any possible transfers? – DegiaVu
Not that I’ve heard of.
5) What is the possibility ucla finishes with a final 8 of owa, shirley, pullard, barr, riley, heimuli, zumwalt, thompson? – DegiaVu
That would be a dream finish for UCLA, and I think they can realistically get five of the eight.
6) DO you see this years signing day being as crazy as least years? – MaltBaa
I never know what to expect with recruiting.
7) When did this become the Trojan Q&A? – Anonymous
About the time Lane Kiffin was hired.
8) Do you see CRN pulling a rabbit(s) out of his hat on National Signing Day, like he did last year? – Anonymous
With everything going down within the conference, I wouldn’t be surprised.
9) with Lane Kiffin leaving Tennesee do you think e have a chance at any of their commits, I know Markeith Ambles, Jawaun James, and Brandon Willis had UCLA on their list, amy chance we steal one of those guys? – Aaron
Nah, I doubt it.
Jon, I am in the minority. I believe this Kiffin hire is excellent for USC because he can recruit with the best of them. He will continue to keep the top kids going to USC, which does not bode well for UCLA. Thoughts? – BruinJigs
He’s a fantastic recruiter, and he is assembling a team of fantastic recruiters. But he has not proven he can coach or run a clean program. So we’ll see.