1) Jon, can you verify if Chow is saying Ciao to CRN and the Bruins. – StorminNorman
2) Scout.com and Rivals use a system of stars to rate recruits. What is the criteria for 5 stars, 4 stars, etc.? – anonymous
It’s a combination of camp performances, game film and in-person performances, future potential and immediate impact potential.
3) For official recruiting visits to UCLA, how are the individual player hosts selected? – Anonymous
I believe they volunteer, but that’s a great question. I’ll try to follow up.
4) Will Michael Roll be drafted into the NBA? – Anonymous
No, but he can be a very successful player overseas.
5) What ever happened to the basketball careers of former UCLA team members Ryan Wright (recruited in 2005) and Chase Stanback (recruited in 2007)? – Anonymous
Wright averages 16.5 minutes and a little more than three points per game for the Oklahoma Sooners, and Stanback nine points in 24 minutes for the UNLV Rebels.
6) What is your reaction to Lane Kiffin coming to USC? – Anonymous
In a word, shocking. Shocking and spontaneous. Shocking and spontaneous and catastrophic. Maybe that’s more than one word.
7) Where do you think George Uko commits? – Anonymous
8) What governs how much UCLA spends on its coaching staff? Are there regulations on the amount of money it can spend because it is a public institution (Title IX or something else) or is it just based on how much the President of the school allocates to the program? – Austin
9) What is the latest on Prince’s shoulder injury that took him out of the bowl game in the 4th quarter? – Anonymous
He should be fine for spring ball, and it’s the same injury that he had before the game.
10) If Chow were to leave at some time (now or later), is there an assistant that has been working closely with Chow that may potentially take over and keep the continuity of the system? Or would it be more likely that we’d look elsewhere for someone with probably a completely different offensive system? – Kevin
UCLA would look elsewhere I’m sure.
11) Can you give me a good joke? – Anonymous
I’ll try: A man and a friend are playing golf one day at their local golf course. One of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course. He stops in mid-swing, takes off his golf cap, closes his eyes, and bows down in prayer.
His friend says: “Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You truly are a kind man.”
The man then replies: “Yeah, well we were married 35 years.”
12) If Norm Chow signs a ten year contract with UCLA but decides in 12 months that he wants to leave and go to a school with deep pockets, could he? – Brian Kelly