This week’s Inside UCLA Podcast is now ready at the podcast blog, or you can click the play button above to listen to Episode 9. You can also subscribe through iTunes or via RSS with your favorite podcatching application.
In this week’s podcast, Daily News staff writer Jon Gold and former UCLA starting quarterback Ben Olson talk about expanding the Pac 10.
They also cover:
UCLA junior defensive tackle Brian Price’s decision to enter the NFL draft and how long players in both football and basketball should stay in college before going pro — and who do they think will go pro in the next year?
* Jon and Ben look at UCLA’s football recruits and what they can do for the Bruins. They wonder, is the team too young?
* Jon and Ben make their predictions for UCLA’s record for the next football season
* Ben talks about the 2008 football season and how the team would have done with fewer injuries, and how UCLA can keep the talent level up through better recruiting
Jon and Ben talk about the near and not-so-near future for the UCLA basketball program and the Bruin’s Valentine’s Day rematch with USC. And ask such questions as:
* Can a freshman basketball player be a team leader?
* Should lesser football players leave a school like UCLA for better playing opportunities at a smaller school?
* And could Jon have been a prep football star at a different high school?
* Jon interviews Bruin freshman forward Tyler Honeycutt and senior shooting guard Michael Roll on their thoughts about facing USC on Sunday, Feb. 14 at the Galen Center.