Check after the jump for this round of Answers…
1) You never answer my question. All I would like are some public Twitter url’s for players and coaches of the basketball and football teams. Can you give us some? Thanks. – Anonymous
Alvern_1: Alterraun Verner; RussWest44: Russell Westbrook; IamNellz: Nelson Rosario; T4Austin: Terrence Austin; AyerUpThere: Akeem Ayers; IamOC1: Randall Carroll; Priceboy22: Sheldon Price; YungMooch1: Antwon Moutra
2) Do you think Howland’s style of play will hurt in the recruitment of future elite players. – BigDbruin
No. Elite players want to make the NBA and look at Howland’s track record: Collison, Holiday, Westbrook, Love, Farmar etc. etc. etc.
3) Do you think Howland will win a NCAA Championship at UCLA? and why yes or no? – BigDBruin
Tough question. The UCLA name combined with recent success makes me think he will continue to recruit top talent. Well, I guess put it this way: Of those in the NCAA who haven’t won, Howland is at or near the top. So, yes.
4) Jon, since you have taken over, have the amount of readers changed at all. Not making a case for you or Dohn here, I was just curious how the readership has responded to the change. – AJ
Great question, and yes, if only because I’m 20 years younger than Dohn and bring a different style. Dohn was an absolute beast here, and it’s been impossible to follow him, but I think some people realized early on that I have a different perspective than he does – really than anyone does, because in general, I’m much less interested in the day-to-day goings-on in the sports world than most sportswriters. I’m sure Dohn had his fair share of younger readers, too, but with twitter and the more frequent chats and the podcast and all that stuff, I’m trying to supplement the blog with extra content.
5) Is the ucla administration working on extending norm chow’s contract? – AnonymousLast I heard, they were in talks. Not sure how serious those talks are.