Check out the latest batch of weekly answers after the jump…
1) Who do you see starting in place of Korey Boz next year? – AnonymousI expect a battle between Tepa and Graham, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Owa was ready as a freshman.
2) Recruiting needs for the class? – AnonymousStill, it starts with the offensive and defensive lines. An impact wide receiver would be important. Defensive back is also going to be a position of need. And quarterback. Definitely quarterback.
3) Who do you think is making the biggest stride this off season? – AnonymousI haven’t seen many of them yet, but I expect a big offseason from Kevin Prince after seeing him for a few minutes. Kid is getting pretty big.
4) In an article on BRO, David Carter mentioned a “surprise” player on defense. Any idea of who you think it may be? – FlexmonkThe one player on the team I’m most intrigued by this season – OK, one of three, because I’m really curious to see how Josh Smith and Joseph Fauria perform – is Glenn Love. I thought he was miscast as a safety, and he was a special teams beast at times. He could flourish with his size at linebacker.
5) You frequently mention how jaw-dropping josh smith looks in football practice. can you compare what you’ve seen of him to another pac-10 receiver of recent memory? is he on the level of desean jackson at cal? – AnonymousNot many are on the level of DeSean Jackson. Smith is explosive and has solid hands, but he has a couple of attributes that only the good ones really have: great balance and great footwork. People tend to judge speed and quickness as the barometer for a good wideout, but really, the ability to get open and the ability to move your body away from a defender is what makes a receiver valuable. I saw Smith work in traffic well, darting into the frame to catch a pass just beyond a defender, and I saw him make leaping catches in the end zone. I wish I could make an accurate comparison, but we’ll have to wait and see how he does in a few games first.