Here’s the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Where does Howland go from here? Do you have any reason to be optimitic after that embarassing season?? – gerry4ucla
That’s a very good question, and I think one that should concern Bruin fans. Where does he go from here? He couldn’t quite get over the championship hump with “his” players, so he stated pursuing more immediate impact “superstars,” and that’s dwindled into this season. I think he’s a good enough coach that he rights the ship. Does it happen next year, I don’t know. Certain players will have to make HUGE strides in the offseason to make this team competitive again. I expect a couple of them to make those strides. A couple others…not so much. So we’ll see. If I were a UCLA fan, I’d be cautiously optimistic, but I’d also need to see some changes next season.
2) Do you think they will move Mike Harris to LT? – Anonymous
Of all the offensive line maneuvering UCLA could do, that’s the one I haven’t heard. He won’t go to LT.
3) Hi Jon, Who are UCLA’s top five recruiting targets for 2011 starting with the most important one? – Cali
WR George Farmer, OT Christian Westerman, DT Todd Barr, DE Jalen Grimble, and most importantly, the best QB they can get – Brett Hundley, Cody Kessler, Max Wittek, etc.
4) Since you played for TO, what do you think of the Marmonte expansion that brings in Boni and Oaks. – Anonymous.
It’s an absolute joke to bring those two schools in just for football. Fine, if they want to join every sport, great. Make it a super league, split it into two divisions and field the best public school league in California. But don’t just let the two football superpowers in. Even though I don’t expect it to be a cakewalk for either, and I think Westlake is better than both.
5) Have you given any thought to posting all your answers on a single day, like Dohn used to do on Fridays? I always knew to look for the answers to the week’s questions on Friday and it made reading everything a lot easier. – la-ukla
I prefer doling out the answers in small doses, and it provides reading material throughout the week.