Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) In the spring football guide Nik Abele’s weight was listed at 274 lbs. Are the coaches the least bit concerned about his weight? – Anonymous
Concerned in what way?
2) I like Sheldon Price’s speed and technique at CB. However, his lack of weight seemed a huge problem. How has Sheldon progressed in the offseason in terms of strength and weight gain? – Anonymous
He’s been doing track, so I can’t imagine him working his upper body that often.
3) Was the media part of the survey conducted by the Rose Bowl on future renovations and upgrades? I hear the press box is one of the worst in the pac 10. Just curious on what you think could use improvement. – PR
I wasn’t provided a survey, and I guess it’s fine. A little more room behind the chairs would be nice.
4) How long does it take Howland to rebuild the team? And does UCLA have special problems in regards to churning out NBA players rather than college graduates that are unique to it’s name and market? I cannot think of another program as devastated by early departures as UCLA. How to succeed in this era, or is college basketball destined to be more like college baseball? – BruinInSeattle
I think it will be a two-year reclamation project, though they’ll contend for a conference title next year.
5) Bruin fans seem pretty united in their opinion about Dragovic, but how do his teammates feel? Some of Mike Roll’s comments seemed to point at Nic, but we just are just inferring. Are the younger players happy that he won’t be around to jack up ill-advised shots? – BruinADub
I’ll say this: Going 6-for-24 in the Pac-10 Tournament did not win his teammates over.