Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) When is suc finally have to pay for cheating? I want all the teams in the P10 to compete fair and square—not buy their team. – Tony
I believe late April is the target date.
2) Any word on Kevin Craft getting a graduate assistant role for next season? – Ryan
I think he’s still exploring possible playing options for the time being.
3) Your thoughts on Urban Meyer going off an the reporter for accurately quoting a player. How would you have handled this? – Anonymous
I would’ve handled exactly as the reporter did – take my lumps, realize Meyer is just protecting his players, and meet with him in person. I understand Meyer’s perspective and the reporter’s perspective.
4) What are your thoughts on nike going after Tom Izzo for the ducks job? – TheUCLAN
No shot in the world. And I doubt Tubby Smith, either.
5) So now that BoBo is transferring (where to?) and Malcolm is likely declaring for the NBA … what do you think about the overall success of that recruiting class? – Anonymous
I think it was Greg Hicks over at Scout who made a great point about the subject, and I echoed his thoughts on the latest podcast. Look, college basketball has changed to the point that “classes” don’t mean anything anymore. In college football, where players are bound for three years, yeah, a class means something. Multiple juniors don’t often opt out for the draft from the same school, so a class is together for all four years quite often. These are individuals, and with the way AAU infiltrates their minds from the time they’re about 10, they’re very, very egocentric individuals. Not saying all basketball players are jerks, certainly not. But they all look out for themselves. If you would’ve told Drew, Jerime, Malcolm and Bobo that they’d be in the first round after a year like Jrue, they would’ve bounced, too. That’s the way it works these days. That being said…the overall success of the class as it stands right now is pretty bad.