Check out the first batch of weekly answers…
1) I tried to post this yesterday but for whatever reason it never populated. I was wondering, have you heard anything on Julian Washburn? He’s still shown on a couple sites as a UCLA prospect for 2010, but it’s as if he dropped off the face of the planet. – Josh
I simply haven’t heard ANYTHING on him. There is no recent news on him, his profile hasn’t been updated in a while, and I’m starting to think he was a academic casualty.
2) Hey Jon, been a while since I posted on the blog. Can you expound of why you would think Howland would be foolish not to take the Wears. I have come up with equally compelling arguments on both sides of this issue. Thanks. – BruinJigs
Brother Jigs, it has been a while. First of all, I really like the Wears’ game, and they are a year removed from being major UCLA targets. They didn’t all of a sudden lose that talent. Given the precarious roster situation, clearly the Bruins need bodies in addition to star-studded prospects.
3) Remi Barry to UCLA, is it looking good? – BruinJigs
Interest-wise, yes. Academics, not sure.
4) At what point does Chow need to be accountable for lack of offensive fire power? He needs five years, then we can just blame it on talent and not Chow? I watch this team very closely, don’t see much improvement. If he was anyone else, fans would question big time…why would he leave, no one puts pressure on him. Sorry, but 2010 will be another yawn on offense. – 10 yrs gone
Next year is the make-or-break year for Chow in my opinion. He’ll have a senior-led offensive line of primarily his/Neuheisel recruits, and the proof will be in the pudding. That being said, I think they make major strides this season.
5) Jon, keep up the great work. Quick question, with UCLA Football having limited scholies this year, do you find the offers out of proportion? For some positions, QB, Oline, DT, it feels like we are trolling vs focusing on a select few. – Anonymous
I’m surprised by the amount of defensive line offers to this point, and the lack of OL offers. I would focus more on the OL right now, if I’m them. But QB is certainly the biggest priority, and they’re pushing hard for an elite-level target.