Check out the first batch of weekly answers…
1) If Chow is so hot, why aren’t QB recruits killing themselves to come here? Maybe because they weren’t in high school yet last time Chow relevant in college? – Confused
Because it’s not as simple as just who the offensive coordinator is. And UCLA thought it had a pretty good one in Nottingham until he flipped at the last minute last year. That was a unique occurrence. If UCLA gets Hundley, all this talk is for naught.
2) Don’t see how there will be enough demand for Colorado and maybe Utah for new PAC 10 network? What is so attractive without new football powers? – Won’t hold my breath
I don’t think a Pac-10 network is viable anyway, and the additions of Denver and Salt Lake City don’t change my mind. They’re not necessarily hunting an individual network, just a better TV deal.
3) How did Howland blow out his Achilles? – Sleepy LaBeef
I was told he just tripped awkwardly. It wasn’t basketball-related.
4) With the addition of Colorado and maybe Utah do you see a Pac12 championship in football in 2012 or ?? – Gerry4ucla
Yes, I do. No doubt there will be a championship game.
5) Hey Jon, will this just be embarrasing for us if USC continues to out recruit us and beat us on the field despite their hardships? I hope we can turn things around but the recent commitments don’t seem to look good. – bruin gold
Embarrassing isn’t the word I would use, but then again, I’m not invested like you guys are. The rivalry needs to get a bit closer for there to be two big dogs in town. Until UCLA wins on the field, forget recruiting, forget anything. The Bruins need to win.