Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Any chance Brehaut redshirts this upcoming year? I’m sure the coaching staff would like to do it, but I would think Prince’s health is the main variable. Your thoughts? – hicalliber
My thoughts are your thoughts. Exactly the right analysis.
2) What do you make of North Carolina and Florida suddenly coming under investigation by the NCAA? Does this have anything to do with USC in a political sense (i.e. are they getting pressure to crack down on a few more high profile programs)? Will anything come of it? – Anonymous
I don’t think the NCAA was blind before USC, and I don’t think they’re the shining pillars of justice that they’re being made out to be now. I think it’s a case-by-case basis, and people are probably just paying more attention.
3) Realistically, is it possible to have the kind of dominant success of a Pete Caroll or an Urban Meyer in today’s college landscape while running a completely clean program (that includes being willingly ignorant on aspects of the team)? – Anonymous
In my opinion, if this includes being willingly ignorant, then no. The pressure for greatness is just too tough these days. Too many people on the take.
4) How are the Bruins doing with their recruiting for the 2011 class? – Legalsean
I’d rate the class – including how they’re standing now on several players – at about a five. A few big verbals would move it up a couple notches. Hundley is probably worth a couple points alone.
5) Will we see an on campus football stadium in the next twenty-five years? – Anonymous
Short answer, no. Long answer, I doubt it.