Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Why does the uclabruins.com site (UCLA’s official site!) still have a collage of Dragovic, Roll, and Keefe at the top of the page? Can you mention it to whomever maintains it? – Go Daddy
I’m sure it will be changed soon.
2) What happened to Todd Golper? Is he just buried in the depth chart? CRN mentioned Zumwalt in a after practice media interview but failed to mention Golper. – Roksinger
I think he’s still in the mix for a backup spot, but Zumwalt is getting a big look. Golper will need to try to make his name on special teams, a la Sean Westgate, to get his big shot.
3) Do you think that Datone will end up redshirting this season? – VB
4) Rahim Moore and Akeem Ayers = NFL bound after this season? – VB
Depends on their seasons. Moore needs to show he’s a physical safety as well as a ballhawk, and safeties don’t typically go very high, with a few exceptions like Eric Berry and Roy Williams. Ayers needs to prove he can be consistent and continue to improve his footwork. It’s not a given, but with big seasons, yeah, they could go.
5) From your perspective, is Kevin Prince “injured” or just “nursing?” Are they downplaying his condition in order to prevent a panic from the fans? – VB
I don’t think he’s injured, I think he’s hurt. There’s a difference. An injury is something that needs time to heal. Being hurt, particularly at quarterback, can change the entire throwing motion, and potentially lead to a serious injury. For the starting quarterback, you don’t handle them with kid gloves, you handle them with baby gloves.