* Woke up with a splitting headache – and I never get headaches, so I basically felt like someone stabbed me in the right eye – and I missed the early practice session.
* It wasn’t too much of a session anyway – the team was out in shorts and helmets, no pads.
* I was back in time to chat with Kevin Prince, who says he felt much better this morning and got some throwing in on the sidelines. He seems pretty confident that he’ll be back Monday, and when asked if he could play today if he “had” to, he basically said yes. Video up later today.
* Eddie Williams does have a concussion and will go through the proper protocols and is out for tomorrow’s scrimmage.
* Patrick Larimore looked good in what I saw of him, and I think he’s not going to make it an easy decision for the coaches at middle linebacker. He and Sloan are so similar yet so different; obviously, both will play, but I really think no one knows who’s going to end up starting.
* A couple housekeeping items:
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates – my editors are making a big push for being active on both, and sometimes I edit Twitter by phone before the blog – and here’s the newest page: The Inside UCLA Youtube page. Check out ALL the videos there, and even the ones that haven’t been posted on the blog quite yet.