Check out the latest weekly answers…
1) As of now what is the starting line-up on offense and defence?? do u think owa or D4 can crack the starting lineup during the season?? – Benji
You asked this on Aug. 22, but today’s Aug. 28, so I’ll answer for today, and in my opinion: Prince, Franklin, Rosario, Embree, Harkey, Presley, Sheller/Savage/Taylor/Williams/Kia; Chandler/Edison/Carter/Holmes, Ayers/Sloan/Westgate, Price/Moore/Dye/Hester. I doubt either of those two talented freshmen make the starting lineup, but both will play significant minutes.
2) Since 1998 when Ucla was riding 20 game win streak and had the last great QB in Cade McNown it seems Ucla has been somewhat cursed. DeShaun Foster got hurt, Freddie Mitchell, Drew Olson, Ben Olson, Patric Cowan, just to name a few, and last year we had injuries as well and now this year! What do you make of all this and our “key” players getting injured year in and year out? Great job btw! – UCLA34
Nothing to make of it. Bad luck.
3) Did you see Kevin Love on Entourage tonight? Haha, anyways, how do you feel about the Jake Locker/UW and Andrew Luck/Furd hype machine.. I think UW won’t make a bowl and Furd will finish with 4 conference losses.. am I crazy? – Hollywood Bruin
I disagree on the first, agree on the second. I don’t really understand the “team” hype on either of those guys. It’s not as if Washington got markedly better, and now they’re in the top-25? And Stanford loses Gerhart, but Luck will “contend” for the Heisman? Look, I understand the value of a good quarterback, I get it. But I think WAY too much is being made out of both of those guys because of the “measurables.” How many games has Locker won? I think both are good teams, but I don’t get the crazy hype.
4) When Barr came in, it wasn’t clear if he was going to play offense or defense. Is he definitely on offense or is his long term position possibly at LB? – John A
From what I’ve seen, he can be an offensive game-changer. Players like him don’t come around very often offensively. I’d make sure I got him at least three-five touches a game.
5) Your grade evaluation of the O-line before the start of the summer and right now (considering all the progression and injuries). – Anonymous
Before summer, B- and now C. The more I see of Savage, the more I like of him. I’ll be honest, I underrated him earlier without much time to watch. While from a leadership standpoint, Kia-Taylor is better than Taylor-Savage, I don’t think it’s a huge drop-off.