Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) It is funny to see the LA Times (Chris Foster/Dufrense) continue to hype USC football to the point of winning all their games (LOL). Last year I picked them to lose four games and this year I am saying they will lose 5. They have a new coach, new offensive co-ordinator(just hired a couple of weeks ago) and a new Defensive scheme they have to learn, plus a coach who has won nothing. Too much to learn to fast and a QB who is known for throwing interceptions. If they lose 5 will more and more recruits be heading to Westwood, and will Lames head be on a block for their boosters?Well, I don’t think they’ll lose five. But if they do, I think Kiffin has at least a couple years there. And yes, if they struggle, UCLA thrives.
2) Jon, what up buddy. Who “coaches” the F-Backs? – LBCbruinI believe the f-backs fall under the tutelage of Reggie Moore and Brian Sheppard as the wideout and tight ends coach, respectively, but I’d be surprised if they weren’t really just under the care of Norm Chow. It’s a very specialized position. And good to hear from you LBC, been too long. Make sure to join the chat next week.
3) So, is Willis admitted and practicing? What’s the deal? – AnonPaperwork is still being handled, and the thought it he’ll be in early September.
4) What happens next at UCLA… The football team returns to a B.C.S. bowl game, the basketball team returns to the Final Four, or the baseball team returns to Omaha? – Robert BBaseball returns to Omaha…next year.
5) With all the injuries to the offensive line, is there any chance Hasiak returns this year? Is he academically ineligible for the quarter or the entire year? – Sunset BruinHe’s gone for the year, but is back practicing with the team.