Check out the first batch of weekly answers…
1) I’m really appreciating the video interviews. It’s good to get an idea of what the players are like and to hear them communicate, would like to hear a little more from the linemen as opposed to the skill players. Now, my question, do you hope to be able to interview the hoops players before and during their season? – The Big Woof!
Yes, there will be basketball videos as well. Glad the videos are working out; I think it plays up one of my strengths. Thanks for reading.
2) Hey Jon, after watching Ricky Marvray in practice does he remind you of Freddie Mitchell with his ability to get open and catch balls ??? – Ley
From what I’ve heard, he’s faster. I see big things in Marvray’s future.
3) Is there a list of red-shirts out? John Young? Derrick Bryant? Wade Yandall? Jordon James? – UCLA3
No, that won’t be released until later. Not sure how much guys like Yandall will be used, so it’s better to go late than early with the list.
4) How many times a month, if at all, are you at the Daily News offices? – Anonymous
Typically I’m in about once-twice a week, but now with another podcast starting up, probably even more. We’re going to start doing the JV Show Mondays and Fridays, and the Inside UCLA podcast returns this week on Wednesdays. Busy man.
5) What happened to Keenan Graham? He was a 4 star stud recruit who appeared to be the starter opposite of Datone. Now, Datone is hurt and Graham isn’t in the 2 deep on either side. What’s up with that? – SpencerStueve
Graham has looked good in camp, but so have others. The Jones injury pushed Chandler outside, and he’s been a revelation. Graham is still growing and learning, only 19 years old, and he’ll get his time.