* Not too much to report today, as there were no injuries, and the depth chart issues have appeared to be settled out.
* Kevin Prince took major, major strides today, and he delivered a few balls that just looked downright fantastic. Timing is still off a little, but he’s back and looking good. Said there’s only a little tightness, and not much pain.
* Patrick Larimore looks like the guy at middle linebacker, but expect Steve Sloan to get a ton of time, too. Larimore has had several really good practices since returning from his minor injury, and while Sloan is a reliable, veteran option, I know the coaches are allured by Larimore’s raw talent. By moving Zumwalt to SAM, there’s an indication that the coaching staff looks at Larimore as the answer at the position.
* There were a few cases of the drops, particularly from the tight ends, as Cory Harkey dropped a clean pass and Joseph Fauria dropped a couple.
* Kai Forbath remains out, but he said earlier this week he didn’t expect to be back until Wednesday, anyway. Neuheisel said either Jeff Locke or Kip Smith would kick if needed, and that he wasn’t going to worry about the potential Smith redshirt. “We want to win now,” Neuheisel said.
* Dietrich Riley continues to progress, and while I don’t expect him to push ahead of Tony Dye, I think there’s no doubt he’s a future superstar. Not just a future starter. Carries himself like a star, patrols the field like a star.
* Still need to see more from Jordon James, but he had a couple of runs that really impressed me. He said in a brief interview the other day that he did not expect to redshirt, and I would be surprised if he did after watching him more.