Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Jones back to 100% yet? What about JJ? – Spedjones
Both are as close to 100 percent as they’ll be. The typical nicks and hurts and aches, but nothing more. And James looks goooood. Love the way he runs.
2) What the major difference between Prince’s game and Brehaut’s game? How much will we see from Bell this season? – gerry4ucla
Physically, I’d say both have pretty good arms, advantage Brehaut, and Prince is quicker. The big difference is pocket awareness, and I need to see Brehaut in a game to judge that. He looks so much better than last year, it’s like a different person, and I think UCLA has a pretty good option now.
3) Hey Jon, it seems like Hundley has made a verbal commitment and will soon announce it publicly. Would you bet your house, your car, or a pack of gum on that commitment being to UCLA? – GTBruin
I would bet YOUR house, car and pack of gum that Hundley ends up a Bruin. That’s how sure it is, I’m hearing.
4) Can you tell us how bad KD left the program? It seems to be that a lot of over programs get turned around by the third year, yet with UCLA it seems everyone is saying another sub-par year. Was the crater in Westwood that big? And no one seems to say as to what went on that make UCLA into this? – Nick
The only thing that Dorrell left in shambles was the offensive line. His last full class, 2007, only one linemen, Mike Harris. The class of ’08, largely put together by Dorrell before Neuheisel was hired? Only one lineman, Jeff Baca. Besides that, I would say everything else has been about average.
5) Seems like the Bruins have had bad luck with QB’s and Offensive Linemen over the last few season. Is there the year that Neu’s terrific recruiting and added depth saves the season or are the issues to much for the offense to overcome and be competitive in the Pac-10? – BruinBall
I think they’re a year away from having true depth, and then two years away from having championship-caliber depth, with the return of Su’a-Filo, and what will likely be another major recruiting class.