* A little more live action at UCLA’s practice today, but it wasn’t exactly a madhouse out there. I thought we’d see more scrimmage situations – and they did some – but not as much as I’d expect.
* Kevin Prince threw well, but got little action toward the end of practice, as he’s still a little sore from the Kansas State game, and got his shoulder nicked up today.
* Don’t expect many defensive changes, but expect the backups to simply get more time. Lot of work for many of the impact freshmen, and we might even see Anthony Jefferson and Seali’i Epenesa in the mix.
* Patrick Larimore looked really good, and I have little doubt he’ll turn into a game-changer. Still very raw, and his technique needs refining, but he’s extremely athletic.
* I didn’t see too many drops today – can’t remember any specifically – and I talked to Taylor Embree after practice, and he said they were just as surprised as anyone. Good video interview with Embree coming.