* From my vantage point, Wednesday’s practice lacked the intensity needed to prepare for a conference opponent, particularly one ranked in the top-25.
* Kevin Prince threw early and threw well, but again was on a “pitch count.” Neuheisel was adamant that it was precautionary, and that Prince is the starter for Saturday, barring anything drastic. Prince banged his shoulder in the game, and again in practice on Tuesday, and has the usual post-game soreness. From Prince and Neuheisel, the oblique is not an issue any more.
* A couple of Prince observations: Looked better on screen passes – for some reason, a plague for him – and had a couple of nice deep balls. Also underthrew a couple of routes.
* Joseph Fauria had a few good catches, and he’s going to see an increased roll, but his fragility will remain a concern.
* Seali’i Epenesa got extra work with the first unit, and Cassius Marsh continues to play a big role, and I’d except him to get a lot of time against Stanford.
* Great catch by Ricky Marvray and he had a much-increased role in practice. He’s become a true factor for the offense.
* Jordan Zumwalt got a decent amount of reps with the first team, and Chuck Bullough said they could use him Saturday. He’s still raw and a work-in-progress, but he’s on the cusp.