Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) What happened on Prince’s “fumble” that was reviewed? On TV, we clearly saw the guy in the white hat point to ground, thus signaling that Prince was down. I took that as the ruling on the field. Video replays never showed K-State definitively coming away with the ball; nor did we see any ref single for a K-State first down. What gives? – Ref
The referees determined Prince was losing the ball on the way down, and if the opposition clearly recovers the ball, then it’s a fumble.
2) I didn’t see so many missed tackles. What I DID see was Thomas run into a wall, then bounce to the outside or find a hole without even being touched, much less breaking a tackle. What did you see from your vantage point? – D Coordinator
It was a mix of both – ineptitude by the defense combined with Thomas’ skill. He’s a heck of a back.
3) With all the supposedly speed and size we now have, how come we never stretched the field with a long pass. Seems like every 10 yd pass was very well covered by K-state. Also the 2 pt. conversion was a fiasco, was the play suppose to go to Rasario in the corner or on a slant jump ball situation? Or we could have gone to a pistol misdirection with a throwback to Fauria?! I was really disappointed in the utilization of personnel. Especially after Jones got off 2 10 yd runs and then we did not see him again. Its pretty obvious that Franklin and Coleman are not the answer. – awash
Disagree completely about Franklin, I think he’s the best back on the team. Not sure why they didn’t throw deep more often, or at least look deep. The two deep passes: Rosario’s PI and Marvray’s touchdown. I think it behooves them to look deep more often.
4) Now that hundley has committed what are the chances that either kasen williams or sefian-jenkins swaps to UCLA. I heard they were pretty close, can hundley convince them? – Anonymous
I doubt it. While ASJ looked good for UCLA early, Williams was all Washington for a long time.
5) How “solid” is Hundley to UCLA…solid enough to bring in some quality linemen and receivers with him? – Anonymous
He’s said he would never switch after verbally committing, so take that for what it’s worth. I would expect him to go on the hunt.