Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Is Josh Smith (basketball) going to get redshirted and what is his weight right now? – Anonymous
Redshirted? That’s ridiculous. Many are predicting Smith to be one of the better centers in the Pac-10 immediately. Not sure about his weight, but I’d heard he’s lost a bunch of fat, and he’s looked slimmer on campus when I’ve seen him.
2) Is it true that ucla basketball is switching to an up-tempo offense? Also, how many scholarships do we have to give out? – Anonymous
No, Ben Howland is going to play Ben Howland basketball. And as of now, only one, but I’d expect one or more to open.
3) What do you hear of Lyons allegedly recruiting Kent Turene for UCLA? Baseless rumor or something more? – spedjones
I don’t really consider it “recruiting” Kent Turene, but more telling him about his experience and what he likes about the school. A lot of people really like more than one school. A kid may consider one school a 10 and another a 9.9. If UCLA doesn’t end up getting Lyons, they at least made a very good impression.
4) Jon, hope you had some good times on 6th street in Austin mixed in with work. Anyhow, thanks for the work on this blog…definitely a nice break from work a couple of times a day. A few questions: 1. Do you think Neuheisel and Chow hold back on the playbook against Wazzu this Saturday? – sandiegobruinfan
Given Prince’s unsure status, I have no idea what to expect Saturday. I wasn’t expecting them to really throw all over the field anyway, but now I really have no idea. All I know it they need a big win.
5) For all the criticism of Prince’s passing performance this season (some deserved, some way over the line in my opinion), do you think the receiving corps and O-line (despite the fantastic run blocking) have held up their end of the bargain in the passing game? – sandiegobruinfan
No, but I can’t really blame them either. Everyone was thrown off with the Prince injuries and handling. Just an unlucky unfortunate situation.