Breakfast with the Bruins
Friday, Oct 1st–7 am
Coach Bob Palcic
Coach Tim Hundley
Key UCLA Football Players
Dalton Hilliard–#19 Free Safety
Jeff Locke–#18 Punter
Akeem Ayers–#10 Linebacker
Ryan Taylor–#66 Center
Derrick Coleman–#33 Tailback
UCLA Spirit Squad
11301 W Olympic Blvd (@ Sawtelle)
$25 includes breakfast buffet, program, and parking
For more information, contact Claudia Hart @ 310-348-UCLA or email @ claudia4UCLA@yahoo.com
* Kevin Prince sat out today’s practice with a sore knee, and Neuheisel was non-committal about Prince’s role for the Washington State game. He said he didn’t look at it as a lost opportunity, but really, I don’t know how that’s true. Preparing for a Washington State team that the Bruins should handle easily, this was the week to fine-tune the passing game. Prince had an MRI on Sunday night that came out fine, and is listed as day-to-day; the decision to miss practice was made by the trainers before today’s practice.
* Richard Brehaut, obviously, led the offense primarily, and he had a so-so practice. The energy level was high and the running game looked good, but Brehaut missed some throws, and he showed some rust.
* Akeem Ayers practiced but was limited at times as he bruised his shoulder in the win over Texas.
* Rick Neuheisel appeared frustrated with a radio reporter who continually asked him about the Texas win. It seems that the team has moved on from the big win into full preparation for Washington State.
* The “Filthy Five” moniker has officially taken hold, as I heard the phrase several times after practice.