* Kevin Prince was “rested” for the second straight day, and UCLA head coach Rick Neuheisel said that the starting quarterback against Oregon would be a game-time decision, but you have to believe that Richard Brehaut is going to be the guy against the Ducks.
* Neuheisel said Prince actually had two MRIs, one with UCLA and one with a personal doctor – the one who performed surgery on his torn ACL during his senior year of high school – but the results are unavailable.
* Brehaut was still a bit inconsistent, but managed some nice individual throws. I still think he can handle the workload, but he needs all the reps he can get. I’m just not understanding how they didn’t realize Prince’s knee wasn’t healing all that well, and why they just didn’t shut him down in the first place. Brehaut could’ve used the work.
* Cornerback Sheldon Price missed practice as well, and it looks like Courtney Viney and Andrew Abbott will start, with Aaron Hester at backup and in the nickel package.
* The team devoted extra time to special teams work at the end of practice, and with Damien Thigpen returning kicks, they needed the extra work. Thigpen has incredible burst, but has struggled throughout the season with catching the ball on returns. He should handle kickoffs, with Taylor Embree still at punt returner.
* Saw some impressive work from Cassius Marsh and Ricky Marvray. Marsh is using his hands really well on the line, and Marvray catches the ball just so well. It was a lighter day, in shorts and shells and in the rain, so there’s not much to take from that, but still a good day for them.