* Lazeric Jones made less of an impression on me in the first half than he did last game. He had two points on 1-of-4 shooting in the first half and one assist, but he also didn’t push the ball very well and he was blown by a couple times on defense.
* Jerime Anderson wasn’t much better. He had no points and one assist in 11 minutes, but he had a very nice pick-pocket late in the half.
* Very, very impressed by Tyler Lamb early. He had a beautiful drive-and-finish, using his body to keep off the defender. He a perfect 3-pointer and a 10-footer with nice release, finishing with eight points in the half.
* Brendan Lane looked really good at starting power forward, leading all scorered with 12 points in the first half. He ddisplayed an array of offensive talents – a couple of good outside shots, a really nice dunk in transition and-one, and he added three assists.
* It’s pretty clear that whoever is in at power forward will get some good offensive looks.
* Anthony Stover had back-to-back baskets and added a block, and he looks infinitely better at backup center than UCLA’s option last season.
* Malcolm Lee didn’t make too much noise – just five first-half points – but he continues to pass well and appears more patient than last season. He had a pretty finish off a post assist from Joshua Smith.