* With players just in helmets today – no pads, no shoulder pads – there’s not much to update.
* Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times wrote tonight that Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said that Jake Locker has not been medically cleared to play, but all indications are that he’ll go on Thursday against the Bruins.
UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel believes so:
“It’s the biggest joke of all time,” Neuheisel said. “The man’s playing. It’s just the way it is.”
* A lot of special team work today, a lot of passing against scout team, and Richard Brehaut looked really sharp. He had one pass to Josh Smith on the side of the end zone that he just wouldn’t have made a few weeks ago.
* Nelson Rosario and Sheldon Price will see increased action, but I don’t anticipate too much Steve Sloan as he works his way back in.
* There have been some questions and comments about Kevin Prince’s eventual return, but Neuheisel said he didn’t have a timeline yet, and I would be surprised if there is one this early. Microfracture surgery can be a lengthy rehab and combined with the other injuries, it won’t be an easy road back for Prince.
“I know he’s out for the year,” Neuheisel said. “I’ll worry about spring ball when that time comes.”