Check out the first batch of weekly answers…
1) Who is gone off the hoops team next year? If the answer includes Honeycutt, can Nelson play the 3? – melsbysknee
If the turnovers keep up, Honeycutt’s stock will fall. As of now, if I had to guess, he’d go and Malcolm Lee would stay. And no, Nelson can’t play the three.
2) Jon, say you are a father of a 5 star qb prospect in next years class. Your son has narrowed his choices to UCLA, USC, Oregon and Stanford. Where do you advise him to go and why? – BigDBruin
Wow, tough question. It would be hard not to say Oregon at this point, though the UCLA location and education would be tough to ignore. Hard to pick Stanford, which would be a pretty good choice, because I don’t think Jim Harbaugh is there long-term, or even short-term, really. And USC is USC. One big thing for me, though, is the college atmosphere, and I think you get that best at Oregon, out of these four schools.
3) At this point, what would you expect next year’s team’s record to be? You still going with 8-4? – Anonymous
I still say at least eight wins. Depends on a couple things, of course, but eight wins should be attainable with this group and next year’s schedule.
4) 3 Twentieth Century US Presidents who were defeated when running to retain the office – Reformed Droog
Nice. Ford, Bush Sr., Carter.
5) Just wondering if you know of any site I could go to see just how unusual our injury situation is based on historical comparisons with other CFB teams. I tend to think the number of injuries to key players this year is really remarkable, but i would like to compare it with actual facts. Thanks in advance. – Stu
I wish there was a site like this, and if anyone knows of one, please let me know. I definitely think this season has been a drastic injury situation, but I also believe the injuries could’ve been handled drastically better.