Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) I’ve heard mention that Brandon Willis is leaving North Carolina. First, have you heard this? Is Westwood a possible destination. If so, is there any chance he would be eligible this fall? Do you think that Brandon Willis brings a lot of baggage that might be a distraction to the Bruin turnaround effort? – Anonymous
From what I’ve been told, UCLA is not an option for Willis. I think that’s probably a good thing for both sides, given the history.
2) why does usc football camp start before ucla? – Anonymous
That’s up to the head coach. I don’t have a say in the matter.
3) You may have answered this before, but I don’t remember seeing it. What does UCLA have in terms of draft prospects going in this year? Specifically on offense. Other then Franklin, is there any chance we see anyone get their names called? Even late? – Blitzed
I could see Tony Dye getting a look and Datone Jones having a breakout year and perhaps testing the waters, but going into the season, coming off 4-8, there’s not much hype around the team. A quick start will change some things.
4) Neuheisel is a great guy and a great Bruin, but he’s just not a good football coach. Do you think Dan Guerrero or anyone in the AD would consider bumping him up to an administrative position? I think he’d be fantastic as a fundraiser and adviser. – Anonymous
I think it’s a little premature to close the book on him. It’s not like he hasn’t been successful in the past. He’s an ace recruiter, and with the right staff – which it appears UCLA could have now – he’s good to go. I do think he’s ideal for an admin position, but he has a lot of coaching left, if not at UCLA, then elsewhere.
5) I heard Derrick Coleman has earned the new nickname of Bash. I kinda like it. Any idea what the tag team backfield of Coleman & Franklin could go by? I can’t come up with any clever nicknames. – troganfan
I’m stumped. Let me hit up my boys Breckin and Mark-Paul. They’re pretty sharp, I’m sure they can help.