* Another very, very strong performance by the UCLA offense in team and 7-on-7 drills today, with Kevin Prince taking another big step this afternoon. The offense sagged in red zone drills at the end of the day, but it was a good effort overall.
* Prince worked the sidelines well and displayed more touch than he has throughout camp, hitting guys in stride really for the first time. He was very sharp in 7-on-7 red zone drills, deftly delivering touchdown passes to Joseph Fauria, Randall Carroll and Cory Harkey.
* Fauria was particularly involved in the offense, and his role looks pretty defined right now as a primary target.
* Kip Smith was much-improved today, and had a nice little bounce in his step after hitting a couple long field goals.
* Shaq Evans had a couple drops, but his body language afterward was nice, and he’s oozing confidence right now. Randall Carroll looked good today, as did Nelson Rosario. The defense, remember, is missing about Tony Dye, Tevin McDonald and Jamie Graham.
* Jordan Zumwalt saw increased action this afternoon but remained in a red, non-contact jersey. Cassius Marsh is back 100 percent and looked good today.
* Alex Mascarenas suffered a concussion and will likely be held out until after the scrimmage, and John Young missed practice.
* Richard Brehaut could return tomorrow and is feeling significantly better.
* UCLA keeps attempting the end-around, but the blocking just isn’t there for it. I wonder how long they’ll keep that up.