* Rick Neuheisel wanted to give the first team a bit of a break today, so most of the late-practice team drills were second- and third-team guys.
* Richard Brehaut returned to practice and was again sharp with his arm, shaking off any rust on his first throw of team drills, a 40-yard touchdown to Randall Carroll. Brehaut had a beautiful pass to Anthony Barr over the middle that elicited a “Hell yeah, 12,” from a teammate.
* Kevin Prince is nursing a blister on his throwing hand and didn’t see too much time, and he was a mixed bag, hitting some and missing some in team drills.
* Chris Ward was working primarily with the twos again, with Albert Cid and Greg Capella seeing most of the first-team action at the guard spots.
* Joseph Fauria again saw several passes thrown his way.
* Saw a couple nice hits from Brandon Sermons, Jared Koster and Todd Golper.
* Sean Westgate had flu-like symptoms and missed practice. Eric Kendricks got extended time with the ones in his absence and had a really good practice. Jordan Zumwalt was also live.
* UCLA’s last live practice of camp is tomorrow morning at 9 a.m., followed by a closed walk-through in the afternoon and Saturday’s scrimmage at Drake Stadium.