* Nothing too special today – decent throwing game, but many of UCLA’s defensive backs are out or nursing injuries, so that’s to be expected. Got some interesting stuff from Mike Johnson about “conservatism” that I’ll post, and he addressed some of the questions very directly.
* Cornerback Jamie Graham returned for individual drills and said he was 100 percent and expects to be full-go tomorrow.
* Anthony Barr did not practice and had his right knee wrapped up. He said he had an MRI on Monday and that he was to visit with a doctor tonight.
* Kip Smith missed practice but Jeff Locke had a good day in his absence and told me he saw the flaw that led to two low kicks against Oregon State that were both blocked.
* Sheldon Price was in street clothes – as was Dalton Hilliard – and both are still questionable for Saturday.
* Johnathan Franklin practiced and looked fine after suffering a hip contusion.
* Tony Dye remains out of practice, while Andrew Abbott was back in a red jersey and is expected to make a full return tomorrow.