* Fairly typical Wednesday practice, good tempo on a cloudy, somber day.
* Rick Neuheisel said that Anthony Barr might need surgery for a meniscus tear. He missed practice again today.
* Jamie Graham and Andrew Abbott were back at full-go and looked like they hadn’t really missed a step. That’ll be huge as Sheldon Price missed practice again with a knee injury and appears doubtful for the game. Dalton Hilliard and Alex Mascarenas missed practice too. This will be a trial by fire for guys like Brandon Sermons, Tevin McDonald and Graham/Abbott.
* Tony Dye, however, saw more action and said he’ll return this week. He admitted that his absence last week was not just precautionary and that he’s feeling much better this week.
* Some pretty good offensive work today, particularly in the throw-and-catch game by both Richard Brehaut and Kevin Prince. Prince had a few beautiful passes in a row at one point, and Brehaut seems more comfortable with the team and his role.
* UCLA coaches talked extensively about the need to “corral” Andrew Luck, who passed for just 151 yards last year but ran for 63, after throwing for 198 and rushing for three yards in 2009. Stanford completed 9-of-16 third downs last year while UCLA went just 1-for-9.