Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Why isn’t Albert Cid starting? It seems like when he comes we’re really able to move the ball (running wise) right up the middle or off tackle quite easily. What do you think? – Bruin78
He’s not starting but he’s getting a decent amount of playing time. Capella and Ward/Baca have not been bad at guard.
2) I noticed again that the front seven, and in particular the defensive line appeared to be doing a poor job of holding the edge on outside runs. Is this something that is just not being practiced/taught well, or is it players trying too hard to get upfield/crash inside/stunt and not playing disciplined? – PyperKub
More B than A.
3) Any chance (short of hell freezing over) that we win at Stanford? How are the dining options looking in Palo Alto? – Bruin JD
Maybe when pigs fly? Lets just say I doubt it. Dining options are less-than-enthralling. The burger I ate in Corvallis was one of the best I’ve ever had. Should I do a write-up? Reception on the first food post was kinda lukewarm. But man…that burger was GOOD.
4) If Jonathan Franklin and Derrick Coleman are “Franklin and Bash,” what does that make the rest of the backfield? – INawe
Rizzoli and Isles? Captain and Tennille? Peaches and Herb? Cagney and Lacy? Help me out here…
5) Jon, I seem to remember that last year or the year before that, you said that Neuheisel had a “plan” and that it would take 4-5 years to implement. Do I remember correctly, and if so what is that plan, if you can share with us? p.s., love the videos (especially the, um, “out of shape” guys talking football). – u$C_cheats
At this point, I’m not sure there is a plan. The courses of action haven’t shown there to be one. Or, at least, maybe there is a plan, but it ain’t working.