Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Jon, it’s all speculative to sit here and ask who the next coach will be for UCLA football when Rick still has the job. But how realistic would it be to think that if Rick is to leave, a coach like Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen would come to UCLA? I feel like getting a big name like that to come coach here is a pipe dream, regardless of the money offered. Your thoughts? – Anonymous
Until I see or hear otherwise, it remains a pipe dream. Nothing in UCLA’s hiring pattern has shown the desire to make a hire like that.
2) Jon whats it like blogging to the nations most depressed fan base? haha but mainly my question is, how are the Shabazz sweepstakes since Andersons commitment? And also how are the Barry Sanders Jr sweepstakes? – Anonymous
How is it? Nauseating? Head-pounding? Soul-sucking? For real: Shabazz is playing it close to the vest, but my opinion hasn’t changed. The Barry Sanders Jr. train has passed. He’s actually visiting Stanford this weekend.
3) Jon, are you ever going to make a political reference again? 40+ comments last time you did… – Semi-Pro
You can bet your Rick Perry I’ll make another political reference. Should be fun!
4) It appeared clear to me that the reason that OSU was so successful with the passing game was that the pass rush was non-existent and Mannion could have his way with the secondary. Am I missing something? – Anonymous
No, not really.
5) How is Willis looking in practice? – Anon
He’s looked fine. Just fine. Not sure he’s ready to make an impact on game day, but he’s a good player.