Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) IS IT SOLELY UP TO THE POSITION COACH AS TO WHO STARTS/PLAYING TIME? OR CAN THE COORDINATOR OVERRIDE? IF SO,HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN? – D
It’s typically up to the position coach, and those decisions, while discussed, often aren’t made by the coordinator.
2) If CRN does not want to blow Hundley’s redshirt, is there anyone else to back-up Prince? – mark4UCLA
3) Which games are wins/loses/tossups for the rest of the season?
Given the way UCLA has played this year, I’d say Colorado is a win, USC and Arizona State are losses and Cal, Utah and Arizona are toss-ups.
4) Chow doesn’t seem to be doing so well at Utah. Does the coach make the players or do the players make the coach? – bibs
I think in college, the coach makes the player. Not necessarily in scheme or play-calling but in practice and desire. A good coach gets more out of a player than expected, doesn’t matter the talent level or star rankings.
5) We seem to be getting more injuries this season;do you think our training program is below par?
UCLA had even more injuries last season. Aside from the really unlucky ones – like a Brehaut or Sheller fracture – the Bruins are just like any other team.