Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) No one knows what neuheisel’s coaching philosophy is. Teams that are physical? No. Teams that are disciplined? Certainly no. Teams that are creative? No. Pressure defense? No. Teams that use the element of surprise? No. Do you have any idea what a Neuheisel team stands for? – bruin76
Midway through my third season covering the team, I’d say no.
2) How many animals must be sacrificed in order for us to get a new head coach? – Anonbruin
Two goats, a camel, a bull and nine elephants. *note to readers, please do not harm two goats, a camel, a bull and nine elephants.
3) Do you think there is anything to the notion of past USC staffs knowing that they know a “USC Player” or “UCLA Player” within minutes of talking to them. It’s starting to seem that they are right, USC comes out fired up and passionate and UCLA does not for some reason. There is no heart and fire from a majority of the players. Do you think recruits who come to UCLA feel accomplished by their star rating out of high school and want to play football comfortably at UCLA with the hollywood lifestyle as opposed to pushing for playing time and competing at other schools? – Big Dumz
Wow, what a heavy question. I think the bigger issue is what happens when they get to UCLA, not what they’re made of when they get there.
4) Any wrestling background for Cid? Nice fireman’s carry into a body slam takedown. – ucla of the rockies
You should see his Scorpion Death Lock. I mean, it doesn’t compare to Kai Maiava’s People’s Elbow, but it’s pretty solid.
5) What, exactly, will it take for Nelson Rosario to get benched? For that matter, how bad does a any “starter” need to play to get benched? I see the same guys failing time and again and yet never paying a price in terms of playing time. It’s mystifying. – Anonymous
Coaches love his experience.