Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Do you think Mora starts Hundley next year in the hopes of getting him through the learning curve in a trial by fire manner that hopefully leads to a breakout season a year or two later or does he play it conservative and stick with Prince/Brehaut? – NorthCampusBruin
spring ball will be very telling, and I really do expect it to be an open competition at the start. Hundley needs to improve on his deep ball, but as an athlete, he’s a very intriguing prospect. For much of bowl preparation, he and Devin Lucien stayed late to work on passing/catching. Hundley definitely wants the job.
2) Would you ever consider putting up a message board system for us? Before you scream and curl up in a ball at the mere thought, think of the potential traffic/hits! – NorthCampusBruin
I’ve pitched it to my bosses before. It’s fallen on deaf ears.
3) Why 12 days? When you’ve got someone as loyal as CRN, the ball is really in your court when it comes to firing, the all-important timing of it and then the re-hire. So tired of us being a national laughing stock. Why couldn’t this have been a more seamless deal? Do you agree that Wazzu actually made us look like the back-country hicks for once? – ucla-of-the-rockies
I think every coaching search is different, and I think the assertion that a program can be considered a “laughingstock” because of a coaching search.
4) In hindsight, is UCLA football … let’s just say, in better shape right now if CRN was fired after the Debacle in the Desert? – ucla-of-the-rockies
No, I don’t think so. I don’t ever think it is fair to fire a coach midseason unless the program is at critical mass. UCLA was not at critical mass at that point. A 50-0 loss to USC? Critical mass.
5) Do you think Rick will come back as AD? – DC in LA
I wouldn’t be shocked to see him in a position like that at some point.