Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Is it safe to say that unless basketball REALLY turns it around we’re out of the Shabazz race? Or have you heard if that’s not necessarily one of his priorities? – Anonymous
There is a world of difference when comparing this team with a lineup of Muhammad, Kyle Anderson, Jordan Adams and potentially Tony Parker. Yes, this season does play a factor, but a player of Muhammad’s caliber sees himself as a complete game-changer, not a complimentary part.
2) Why can’t UCLA extend the length of Spaulding field or move it onto the other side of Pauley Pavillion where the intramural field is? Annex the Wooden Center for facilities and add some space dedicated to football. – BruinInSeattle
I’ve asked several times, and the answer is always that UCLA is on a stamp. My question is, why not Drake Stadium?
3) Regarding the new FB hires, I’ve only heard reports on them regarding recruiting. How are they on schemes, player development, and technique instruction? – Bill Shakespeare
Steve Broussard and Noel Mazzone are considered very good R&D guys, and the scheme itself should be more aggressive and more pass-happy. Klemm and Martin are typically talked about as recruiting beasts, but not much out there on their technical skills. Spring ball will be interesting this season.
4) Interesting that there aren’t even many rumors floating around about a future defensive coordinator. in your opinion, is mora waiting for the nfl season to end or just waiting on certain coaches’ bowl seasons to end? – Anonymous
Yes and yes, and it’s not opinion.
5) With the new TV funds from Pac-12, can UCLA use the money to revive Olympic sports that were dropped due to Title IX? – Anonymous
I’m sure that is being discussed, but the current teams need all the help they can get, too.